Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Lemon Meringue Pie is one of the worlds most liked recipes. And it is actually not that complex to make.
The Lemon Meringue Pie recipe balances the sweetness of the meringue with the tartness of the lemon filling perfectly.
It is probably my equal favourite with the other being cheesecake (any kind).
Simple Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
- 180 g plain biscuits crushed
- 90 g butter melted
- 400 g condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Combine crushed biscuits and melted butter.
- Press into a 23 cm pie plate and refrigerate.
- Blend condensed milk and lemon juice. Add lightly beaten egg yolks and combine well.
- Pour evenly into the chilled crumb crust.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then gradually beat in caster sugar. Spoon meringue on top of the filling.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for 10-15 minutes, until meringue is golden.
- Let pie cool before serving.